Founded in 1972, HSLANJ is a non-profit organization with the goals of:
- Encouraging the professional development and advancement of librarianship.
- Improving the quality of library services provided by health care organizations in New Jersey.
HSLANJ is the umbrella organization for the Group Licensing Initiative (GLI).
- More than 100 members hail from hospital libraries throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region (MAR).
- NEW - In the spring of 2014, GLI participation opens to the entire Southeastern/Atlantic Region (SE/A).
- The National Network of Libraries of Medicine, MAR and SE/A, fully recognizes and endorses the HSLANJ Group Licensing Initiative as the lead organization capable of assisting libraries in their efforts to utilize multi-dimensional electronic resources.
In the words of fellow librarians...
The most rewarding thing about the HSLANJ GLI is that it maximizes resources and minimizes the cost.
(The GLI) has proven to be a very reliable and good method of procuring databases or any other materials you need. I’m so very glad I found it!
Having access to the Group Licensing Initiative and its purchasing power is vital to medical librarians. I think the HSLANJ GLI is a model for medical librarians throughout the country.
We have always been supported by our administration; my library was very well supported years ago when we had 300 hard-copy resources. But today we have access to 7,000 thanks to the group licensing initiative.
You can truly save money and the convenience factor is great.
It looks good to your administration, as a librarian, you‘re looking at creative ways to acquire resources. It makes you look good if you can say I’ve gotten it for this much less, because we’re sharing the license, it makes the librarian shine as a team player.