By Phil White, Clinical Account Director, VisualDx
VisualDx is an award-winning diagnostic clinical decision support system designed to enhance diagnostic accuracy, aid therapeutic decisions, and improve patient safety. Quickly search by diagnosis, build a patient-specific differential, or review travel or medication-related events at the point of care. Trusted by over 1,700 hospitals and institutions and 50% of U.S. medical schools, VisualDx is utilized across several professional specialties:
Today, health care providers are expected to know more and do more. They want to give their patients high quality care, yet too often time constraints, complex cases, and cumbersome technology result in errors.
Doctors and nurses cannot do it alone and should not be expected to memorize everything. The National Academy of Medicine released a groundbreaking report on diagnostic errors in September 2015. Errors account for 10% of hospital inpatient deaths and 12% of hospital adverse events.
“Most people will experience at least one diagnostic error in their lifetime, sometimes with devastating consequences.” –NAM (formerly the Institute of Medicine), September 2015
Now imagine that provider having that expert at hand – to guide a faster, more accurate diagnosis. VisualDx is the leader in diagnostic accuracy and is an essential resource for every clinician.
- 97% of physicians believe using VisualDx improved patient care.
- In a random, blind study, VisualDx improved diagnostic accuracy more than 120% compared to standard textbooks and reference guides.
- Clinicians save up to 26 minutes per day when using VisualDx.
Empowering our Students, Residents, and Clinicians
VisualDx is based on the fact that information-assisted decision-making is far more beneficial than just memory-based education. We are seeing that transition with peer-reviewed, evidence-based clinical decision support systems. But what sets VisualDx apart is the power of visualization and a tool that thinks and works like a clinician in practice. VisualDx offers:
- A holistic visual approach to decision support across general medicine. VisualDx combines the world’s best medical image library, Sympticon™ technology to visually demonstrate systems of disease, and an ever growing database to give health care professionals the answers they need at the point of care.
- Guided Questionnaires. Choose to be guided with a questionnaire and/or type in additional findings. VisualDx can help you remember which questions are relevant to a particular symptom or complaint.
- Concise expert content and therapy guidelines for use at the point of care.
- Patient handouts for key diagnoses.
- Integrated into the workflow: mobile, electronic health record, UpToDate.
- Earn CME. Acquire Risk Management and Category 1 CME through point-of-care tracking of clinical inquiries.
Speed is a necessity. Accuracy is essential. These two principles in medicine are brought together in the most widely used and recognized clinical decision support. VisualDx is trusted by doctors and nurses all over the world. Our honors include:
- Best in KLAS 2015/2016 Category Leader: Clinical Decision Support — Point of Care Clinical Reference (fifth consecutive award)
- Voted top apps at Harvard and University of Pennsylvania
See the possibilities. For more accurate diagnoses. And better patient care. VisualDx.
This article is part of a series, highlighting new products/collections available to medical librarians in the NNLM/MAR, NNLM/SEA, and NNLM/NER, via the HSLANJ Group Licensing Initiative’s Spring 2017 Offer. The deadline to participate in the Offer is May 5, 2017. Contact HSLANJ GLI Project Manager Robert T. Mackes (email or 570-856-5952) for more information.